Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hobbies and Epiphanies.

I had an epiphany tonight.  Which was kind of like the "cherry on top" of my day.  I had a decent day at work, got my hair did and had good gossip time with my awesome stylist, and made what I think will be a masterpiece of lasagna for my dad's birthday dinner tomorrow night.  And then, after I finally got to sit on the couch, crochet, and semi-watch the Lakers v. Clippers game, I had an epiphany.

Let me preface this by saying that I for sure have the most badass husband in the world.  Pardon my language, but that's just what he is.  Sure we disagree on small things around the house like where the dogs should sleep (see previous post with pics), but overall he is my BFF. My numero uno.  My knight in shining armor. 

But Brady has a little hobby called betting.

I have been nagging at him to quit for months, but betting is his and his friend's favorite thing to do.  They talk like girls on the phone during football season (and to my recent discovery, it appears basketball season, as well)...only their topics of discussion are a tad different.  They just love betting.  And I just hate it.  It doesn't matter whether they're up or down, either.  But although I don't like it, I don't do weird ultimatums or threaten to withhold affection if hubby doesn't do things my way.  I think that is the kiss of death in a marriage, when one of the parties starts enforcing the "my way or the highway" standard.  So tonight, while crocheting, I started analyzing why I hated it...to try to give some reason to why hubby would deliberately do something he knew I didn't approve of...and that's when it hit me.  It's a hobby.  I call it that myself!  Some guys spend thousands of dollars hunting, or fishing, or collecting things, or golfing, or season tickets to the Rangers (whoo!)...need I go on?  And to balance the scales even more, some wives spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on hobbies; scrapbooking, manis and pedis, highlights, wine tasting, um, shopping?! (more specifically for overpriced, name brand shoes)...I repeat, need I go on?? So why do I care if Brady partakes in a hobby that at the end of a YEAR he may owe the "bookie" $300??  Ha. I don't care how weird it sounds, I like it when I realize I'm wrong before anyone else does. 

So bet on, Brady.  I support you.  Oh, and you're welcome for being nearly the coolest wife ever.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome and I think you referred to me in there under the "other hobbies" section. I love this send me more

    ReplyDelete